SODS Annual Diversity Award
The value of immigration to Saskatchewan is indisputable: not only do immigrants bring unique professional skills and experience, they also enrich the culture of our workplaces and communities. However, despite this importance, immigrants still face multiple barriers to employment. To help remove these barriers, it is crucial that local employers demonstrate leadership and commitment in the recruitment and integration of immigrant workers.
In light of this, the Saskatoon Open Door Society holds an annual awards ceremony to recognize the achievements of Saskatchewan employers and individuals in recruiting and retaining immigrant workers, as well as their commitment to partnering with the Saskatoon Open Door Society.
Seven award categories* have been created to ensure fair competition between corporate and non-corporate employers and individuals. Up to one winner in each category is selected each year.
The nomination process is simple: Fill out a nomination form by answering two to four open-ended questions for the award category (or categories) in which the employer/individual is nominated. Self-nominations and nominations by third parties are accepted online until our new extended deadline of January 4, 2018.
(Fillable PDF) Discover
Last Year's Winners
* Award Categories
1. Leadership in Immigrant Employment – Small Local Employer
2. Leadership in Immigrant Employment - Corporate Employer
3. Excellence in Immigrant Integration - Small Local Employer
4. Excellence in Immigrant Integration: Corporate Employer
5. SODS Employer Partner of the Year
6. SODS Long-Term Employer Partner
7. Individual Achievement in Immigrant Employment and Integration
Submit your completed nominations below...