Volunteers are a vital part of the Saskatoon Open Door Society.
Volunteers make our community programming possible and they provide a link to our city for newcomers.
To become a volunteer at the Saskatoon Open Door Society:
1) Register to attend an information session by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Complete the application package provided during the information session, it includes reference checks and a criminal record check.
Note: if you are a newcomer to Canada and your English is below CLB 5, please register for Newcomer Volunteer Connections, more information below.
Volunteer Information Sessions
All volunteers must attend a Volunteer Information Session. They will be held on the following dates. Registration is required by emailing email@example.com or phoning 306-653-4464.
Tuesday, April 10th, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 24th, 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 9th, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 23rd, 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 5th, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 19th , 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday July 4th, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 18th, 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 7th, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 21st, 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, September 5th, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 19th, 1:30 p.m.
Newcomer Volunteer Connections
Are you new to Saskatoon? Are you still learning English? Newcomer Volunteer Connections is a program for newcomers to our city and for people who do not have full English fluency. In this program you will be fully supported as your learn about volunteering in Saskatoon and you will be assisted with finding a suitable program to volunteer in.
In this program you will have the opportunity to:
· Meet one-to-one with the program coordinator who will assist you with all activities related to volunteering in Saskatoon.
· Lean about volunteer rights and responsibilities
· Explore community based organizations in Saskatoon that match your skills, interest, and availability
· Volunteer in a group to help introduce you to a new activity
· Be invited to special volunteering activities at SODS and around Saskatoon
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-653-4464.