Volunteers are a vital part of our organization.
Volunteers make our community programming possible and they provide a link to our city for newcomers.
To become a volunteer at the Saskatoon Open Door Society:
1) Register to attend an information session by emailing:
2) Complete the application package provided during the information session, it includes reference checks and criminal record check.
Note: if you are a newcomer to Canada and your English is below CLB 5, please register for Newcomer Volunteer Connections, more information below.
Volunteer Information Sessions
All volunteers must attend a Volunteer Information Session. They will be held on the following dates. Registration is required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 306-653-4464.
Tuesday April 11th, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 25th, 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 10th, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 24th, 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 13th, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 27th, 1:30 p.m.
Newcomer Volunteer Connections
Are you new to Saskatoon? By volunteering, you can meet new people, learn more about Saskatoon, practice English, develop skills, get Canadian references, have fun and more! If you wish to volunteer in other Saskatoon-based organizations, please send an email to email@example.com .
In this program you will have the opportunity to:
· Meet one-to-one with the program coordinator who will assist you with all activities related to volunteering in Saskatoon.
· Lean about volunteer rights and responsibilities
· Explore community based organizations in Saskatoon that match your skills, interest, and availability
· Volunteer in a group to help introduce you to a new activity
· Be invited to special volunteering activities at SODS and around Saskatoon
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-653-4464.