The prairie region wide project will work alongside employers and host communities within the province to provide assistance to Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) who have or could be affected by COVID – 19. The project is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) under the leadership of the Calgary Catholic Immigration Services (CCIS). Saskatoon Open Door Society is a partner in this project working within the Saskatoon and surrounding region.
Workshops and orientation sessions for TFWs about the following topics:
- COVID – 19 health and Safety for TFWs
- COVID – 19 CRA benefits for TFWs
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- COVID – 19 Wellness guidance for TFWs
- Open Work Permits for Vulnerable Workers
- One-on-one support and referrals for TFWs to address their essential needs
- Support in areas including but not limited to: health and income support, trauma counselling, assistance in applying for benefits, interpretation services, short-term food, housing, clothing and transportation for workers in distress.
For more information, please contact Yomi at 306-653-3364 Ext. 423. Email: email@example.com